Menu

Virginia charter/cyber school options

There are other options!

1. What is your budget? Some state virtual schools are free; a boxed curriculum otherwise can be pricey.

2. Are you looking for a secular, Catholic, Protestant, (or otherwise) boxed curriculum?

You have Calvert (secular), Abeka (Protestant), Sonlight (Protestant), CHC (Catholic), Memoria Press (Christian/Non Denominational).... there are tons!

well dad wants to know our options...

oprivate school wise here (we havent found one we love) will cost us between 10000 and 15000 ish...

so I guess the world is my oyster since nothing else can be that much for one child...

we currently pay about 1100 a months for preschool with before and aftercare....

oh we are christian so either secular or christian...

well dad wants to know our options...

oprivate school wise here (we havent found one we love) will cost us between 10000 and 15000 ish...

so I guess the world is my oyster since nothing else can be that much for one child...

we currently pay about 1100 a months for preschool with before and aftercare....

oh we are christian so either secular or christian...

Calvert is a wonderful option for beginning homeschool families, in my opinion. You get the complete curriculum, as well as teacher services (they will grade the work for you and be available for help whenever its needed) for around $1,000 (choose the option with ATS).

http://homeschool.calvertschool.org/

Is there a reason you are looking for a charter or boxed program?

You don't need much for kindergarten, and the things I would be looking for don't come in a box or online. :) Classes, art projects, playgroups, park days, etc. are what will probably fill your days. Find a simple reading program (like the Ordinary Parents Guide) and lots of hands-on math activities. You can print out your own handwriting/copywork pages if your child is ready to write.

Kindergarten won't cost much at all. Although, if I had the money for private school, I could do some AMAZING things in our homeschool (trips, classes, projects, etc)!

Have fun! Kindergarten is wonderful!