Menu

WWYD: Science decision help

TN Mama

My plan for next year was to do CPO Earth Science with 6th grader and Astronomy/Earth Science with my 4th grader. Older dd is doing chem this year and younger has done life science, mostly animal/nature study.

We have an opportunity to participate in a co-op in the fall where they'd each be in an age appropriate physical science lab. The teachers would hand out a list of concepts for parents to teach at home (using whichever materials we'd like) and then once a week, the kids would do science experiements to help make real what they've learned at home.

The lab is so appealing to me because I'm not the best at doing experiments, but I wasn't planning on physical science next year.

In my shoes, what would you do? Co-op, that insures experiments are done or move ahead with earth science at home?

I don't really think that at their ages the order in which you study different science topics is terribly important, if that's what you're asking.

*I* would rather do science at home than a co-op choice, but that's me. Do whatever you think would work best for your kids and family.