Menu

mother cat moving kittens to an unsuitable place

A female cat arrived with us (uninvited) over the winter and now we have 5 kittens.:glare: Anyway, spaying planned and cat charity lined up for kitten rehoming......

So, today she decided to move the kittens. They were born on Friday in the linen closet upstairs where the hot water tank is so it should be warm. She wants to move them to the room my two boys share. It really isn't safe to leave them there as they are, well young boys.;) Right now she is locked in my room with them but she will have to move in the morning as dh is working nights this week. I don't understand this. We left her to it mostly, just checking in briefly a few times a day and haven't been handling the kittens a lot. I can't take her downstairs as we have 5 dogs. Yeah, like we needed a cat......

What can I do to make her feel safe in one suitable place?

Do you have a nice box fixed up for them with a towel or something soft? Make it as much like a little dark den/cave as possible, maybe cover half the top.

Yes, the box is closed off with a flap cut that closes over. There is a fleece blanket in with them. Maybe it's because she could see the front door where she originally was?:confused: