Menu

Help - DD needs to write a scholarship appeal letter

DD18 has been given a chance to apply for a different scholarship at her top choice school. This could make the difference between attending this school or the lower priced second choice. :001_smile:

BOTH schools are awesome, she will do fine at either one.

Top choice school offers several types of scholarships. She received one for academics, she applied for one with an art portfolio but did not receive any funding. They have told her to apply for a different type of fine art and use a new portfolio.

As part of this new submittal she needs to write an appeal letter. I have no idea how this would look.

Does anyone have a sample scholarship appeal letter I could look at for reference?

Any help will be appreciated.

I think it's the same thing all over again. Why that program and what you have to offer them. Look and see the differnce between the 2 and gear the letter toward what this scholarship is about. It is absolutely exhausting for these kids, the endless promotion.

When does she have to make her decision? 2 great choices makes it hard.

I think it's the same thing all over again. Why that program and what you have to offer them. Look and see the differnce between the 2 and gear the letter toward what this scholarship is about. It is absolutely exhausting for these kids, the endless promotion.

When does she have to make her decision? 2 great choices makes it hard.

She is supposed to make her decision by May 1st, but she has not received a financial award letter from either one yet. We know the estimated cost and we know the scholarships to date but all the other stuff like federal loans and final costs ....nothing yet.

They give approximations and not final info until summer. It's a pain. Have they approximated the federal loans for you? If not give them a call. Federal loan amts should be the same everywhere. We are off to one last visit tomorrow. I sure hope this clears up things for my dd. Good luck to you!