Menu

Another Logic of English question, what do you really need to buy?

The site says that only the Teachers Manual, Student Workbook and the basic phonogram flashcards are all that's really needed. However I see phonogram and spelling games listed in the sample as activities to do but there are no instructions for them...so does this mean that you really do need to have The Phonograph and Spelling Game Book and the game cards? I'm confused! Should I just buy everything? :confused: :001_huh:

If you want to do the games, then yes, you need the game book. For me, it was well worth the investment as my son loves games and is very hands on. As far as the game cards, you really only need 2 sets. There are only a couple of games that require 3 from what I can tell. I actually had blank cards, like these, and I will make my own game cards. You can see what all of the cards are by looking at them on the LOE website here. I heard someone else mention using card stock to make the game cards.

You could also make your own phonogram cards if you wanted to, also using card stock. A pack of card stock is not that expensive and all of the phonogram rules are in the teacher's guide.