Menu

Switching things up for next year...

This was our first year of formal afterschooling and it went really well but I want and need to change things up for the fall. Our schedule is about to get a lot more complicated because:

1) I will be working full time between Aug '12 and March '13 so the kids will be in aftercare 3x/week;

2) school starts one hour earlier (and one month earlier) in our new district so the kids will probably be more tired with less time for enrichment; and

3) I have to rely on my mom (well meaning and fun but inconsistent) to keep things running smoothly.

For the (really short) summer, I plan to get DD through ETC 8 and then switch to Prima Latina in the fall. How do folks usually schedule Prima Latina? Could it be completed in a year working 2-3x/week (1-2 days during the week and 1x/weekend)? Could DD reasonably be expected to run through her self-made flash cards with grandma (who will probably be taking her to the gym/piano lessons)?

I would like to keep doing math with mommy before school, 3-4x/week while DD does the workbook during aftercare (the school DD will attend only requires 10 min. of HW per grade so no biggy there). Anyone have luck with mornings when school starts at 8a?

Finally, I'd like to use SOTW as a bedtime, listen/talk activity 3-4x week. Of all my plans, this one seems the most doable, even with a really hectic schedule.

Your thoughts/experiences?