Menu

anyone know anything about the lady comp ?

Well, we've used it for 7 years without an oops, including the year that we used it to GET pregnant instead of avoid. It's incredibly accurate, in my experience. There are times that it shows me as fertile before my body does, and I'm tempted to ignore it, but sure enough, by that night, the signs always show up.

It's got a bit of a learning curve ... the controls aren't terribly intuitive, and the calendar on mine is actually off by two days because I haven't figured out how to compensate for leap year, and I can't find my manual. :D If I were more motivated, I could probably fix that, but I don't really care what the date says. I'm not trying to diagnose anything or chart patterns .... I just look at the light every day to see if I'm allowed to have tea.

The biggest issue I have with it is that I am apparently very fertile, so the "green" days are few and far between. I don't get much tea time, if you know what I mean. If you're comfortable using a backup barrier method on "yellow" days, that could help, but we're Catholic, so that's not really an option for us.

One other thing to be aware of: the thermometer part on mine fails every so often and has to be replaced. You can order this part separately for about $40. I think I have replaced it twice in 7 years. Also, the battery on mine has been dead for at least two years, so I leave it plugged into the wall. You have to send it to the company to get the battery replaced (unless they've changed this recently), and I just don't find it worth the trouble. Plugging it in is fine for me.