Menu

another s/o of 8th grade credits on transcript

What if there is documentation of the course level, then should you count it? We're going to do the first half of American History next year, both my 8th & 10th graders. They will do it together, high school/college level American History. I plan to have them both take the American History I CLEP at the end of the course. I actually hadn't planned to give dd high school credit for the class, but it does seems strange to get college credit and not high school credit. Do I just include it in my list of high school courses taken in 8th grade which will also include ICP, French and Algebra?

As I said on the original thread, if the student needs the course to fill a hole on the transcript and there is outside verification of the work and the grade, I would give credit for a small number of courses taken in 8th grade.

I think my son will end up with two or three such courses on his transcript, depending on how things go in the next couple of years. All of them are courses he took through FLVS.