Menu

Matheletics? Reviews?

My ds(11) has major problems with maths. He has a tutor 3 hours per week, and they do MUS Beta together, while I try to do another 1-2 hours with him also with MUS. But to be quite honest, it is exhausting for me and I have housework to do etc. So, I wondered if I should set him up on Matheletics when the tutor wasn't here.

Anyone using Matheletics? Is this program good for children who need remedial maths?

We use Mathletics, but I don't know how good it is for remedial math. I tend to use it as you've described, to give them some extra practice without the need for me to sit with them. Having said that, there have been times, even with DS11, when I've had to help him. To be honest we don't use it anywhere near as much as I would like, given the cost. I could nag them to use it a bit more often, but they already do an hour or more each of math each day, so I don't want to overdo it :tongue_smilie:. DS11 and DS7 both enjoy the challenge of the Live Mathletics games, but again, I think they'd get bored if I expected them to be playing every day.

It sounds as though your son already does a lot of math each day, and it might be overkill to try to get him to do more, especially if it isn't something that he naturally enjoys. At the same time, if he did enjoy Mathletics, then every little bit of practice helps.

Hope that helps

Cassy