Menu

Do convention prices typically beat Rainbow Resources?

diaperjoys

Probably depends on the tax rate at your convention, but so far, usually RR with free shipping ($150 order) has been cheaper.

RR was at the convention I went to (Memphis), and it was still cheaper to order online because of the 9.25% tax. :tongue_smilie: The only things I bought at convention were MCT (tax was cheaper than shipping) and some used books that were under $4 and thus cheaper than buying them used on Amazon.

I'm going to a homes school convention for the first time next month, and I'm wondering if I should hold off on my Rainbow Resources order. Does anyone have an idea of how pricing compares?

This is the beg NC homeschool convention, if that makes any difference.

Would this one be the one at the end of May? I will be driving over from VA to attend this year...just wanted to make sure I am not missing another one.

They definitely weren't cheaper at the convention I recently attended, EXCEPT for the used resources fair. That place was a steal! I got brand new Phonics Pathways and Reading Pathways for $1 each!!! Plus a ton of other books and games for super cheap.

I've never been to one of the really big conferences, though, so I can't speak to that.