Menu

Need ideas for government projects

I am starting a Government study with dd8th. I have The Constitutional Convention (it is a primary sources book) that I am using along with other library resources but that is going to be my guide. I need some kind of projects to go along with this. What would you recommend? Posters? Writing projects? Diagrams. I don't know exactly what I am looking for but I am sure once somebody tells me I will know :lol: So-- throw your great ideas at me. I haven't had a chance to do a google search yet but plan to later. TIA!

I am planning to do government for both my kids in the fall, in order for it to coincide with the elections. I would like projects where they can be involved hands-on in the democratic process. Many states have youth programs where young people can help out with the actual election (google Poll workers, student involvement). Other ideas I have:

observe a voter registration drive.

visit the state capitol and observe a session of the lawmakers if that is possible.

attend a town hall meeting of a local representative.

interview a recently naturalized citizen about the naturalization process

Edited by regentrude