Menu

Baby showers..."rule" for them?

There is so much here. To me the most important issue is that you are hurt. Hurt seems to happen in most churches any more. It sounds like you are possibly attending a bit larger church and the hurt has a tendency to grow with the size of the congregation.

I look at the heart. Your heart is hurting, consequentially if I were you I would begin to look at that. Hurt brings unforgiveness if not dealt with quickly. You need to do what ever it takes to forgive whom ever. I have learned that forgiveness is a decision(action word) not a feeling.

I hope you can feel the love that comes through these words. I am not condemning you for feeling this way. As someone who gave multiple baby and bridal showers when we adopted our two not a word was said. We were not the only ones in the church that adopted and the rest were given celebration parties but ours weren't. At the time I did hurt. I forgave quickly. I had to in order to continue with these people.

I heard a speaker once say to hold unforgiveness toward someone is like drinking poison trying to kill the other person. That heart that is allowed to continue in unforgiveness will literally poison your life.

Praying for you, Sweety. You have your hands full and are obviously a very good momma.

I am sorry you feel that way. You little ones are just as much a blessing as everyone else's.

I would like to say that I did not have a baby shower for my first 2, but did with my last two. I had no involvement in the list making or planning, and in fact they were surprise showers. Could this be the case? Also, there were people there that I did not know that well, but knew me as a child, and/or were close to my mother.

Here in Mexico this type of situation (big party, not so well known guests) is not uncommon. Most of us don't mind, as it is seen as a fun social event to attend and drink coffee with other gals. If you really don't know the person, there is no harm in not attending. There is no rule out there that says you must accept every invitation you get. This should be fun for the guest as well, so if you are not having fun, then don't go.

Congrats on all you blessings.

Danielle