Menu

I need help! I have a science-minded DS6 who needs more "gadgets"

amyrjoy

Not necessarily for our school day (although I could count it as such!), just extra stuff he can play with. I'm not talking legos, or gears kits (we have those). I'll give examples: he loves the game Contraptions on the iPad, he loves messing around with mouse traps (LOL), he spent hours yesterday and today with an electrical kit (that was safe). I just need ideas to keep him curious and interested and learning. Maybe even video suggestions. Mostly hands on manipulative things though. :bigear: My dad (retired chem teacher) works with him sometimes. My DH does too. I just need "toys" that are very science minded but educational for the kid! My art/reading/horse loving DD8 always has stuff to do but my DS runs out of stuff to play with. HA! :tongue_smilie:

Do you have Snap Circuits? My son sounds a lot like yours and he loves them. You can get lots of add on kits too. We also have a lot of 4M science kits which are really fun (do need some parent help though). Not science, but my son loves to make those long domino "tracks" that cause a chain reaction. Also watching them on you tube. And making his own stop motion movies using playdoh and my camera... Keeps him busy for hours.

HTH,

Lara in Toronto