Menu

Eeek! Starting to Prepare Documentation for the First Time!

I'm feeling nervous! :001_unsure:

I'm in PA, and 2012-2013 will be the first year I'm required to submit any documentation for homeschooling. I should say private tutoring, since I'm a certified teacher and will be using that option. Anyway, I've been starting to get my security clearance thingies together (still need to be fingerprinted :glare:) and am putting together the documentation I'll need to submit in a couple of months.

It's just nerve-wracking, and if I talk to anyone IRL about it, it sounds like I'm unsure about home educating. I thought I could vent here for a minute without risk.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

That's nice that you get to use the private tutor option! :) Have you read the section about it on Pauline's website? She has some ready-to-use forms and such that you can print and use if you wanted to...

http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschooltutor.html

That's exactly what I'm using--askPauline is such a wonderful resource!

Maybe I'm nervous because I don't know anyone else using this option (and a local yahoogroups posting didn't turn up anyone a while ago.)

Because you're a certified teacher you have to be fingerprinted to teach your own children??? :svengo: Sounds like the state got a super deal on a truckload of those ink pads and has been thinking up ways to use them ....

Yeah, using this option you're not really acting like a parent, but as a professional tutor. Anyone teaching has to submit to these background checks, including private tutors.

On the flip side, I don't need to submit objectives, portfolios, do standardized testing, submit medical records... It's a trade off.

Yeah, using this option you're not really acting like a parent, but as a professional tutor. Anyone teaching has to submit to these background checks, including private tutors.

On the flip side, I don't need to submit objectives, portfolios, do standardized testing, submit medical records... It's a trade off.

It sounds like a good tradeoff. You're lucky to have the option.