Menu

How often does Horizons Math revise their books?

Tonia

This is my guess, and I'm searching for the answer right now. But I think what you have is it. A/O is still working on their different levels of Horizons and I haven't seen any new editions come out yet. I know the Algebra 1 is coming out this fall.

I haven't used Horizons til now, my 14yr old is using their Pre Algebra and she really likes it. But as long as I've been following Alpha Omega products. I haven't seen them revise a Horizon product yet.

Look up the ISBN number for the current teacher's manual and see if it is the same as the teacher's manual that you have/plan to buy used. That is what I did and I was able to buy the TM off Amazon for under $5.

Where did you find the ISBN number? I'm looking at the AO website but can't find that info anywhere. Ignore me .... I checked Christianbook.com and found the ISBN numbers there.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Tonia

Mostly they just change the cover or make minor adjustments. I've used TM's with a different cover (different edition) than the workbook, and it works out fine.

I emailed AO about this once and they told me my older edition TM would work fine with newer addition Workbooks. Email or call them & ask to be sure, but I bet it works out. Merry :-)

Merry :-)

This is the answer I got back from Alpha Omega..

"It should work out fine since we haven't made any major revisions to Horizons math since the initial releases. We do fix the answers for a problem or two each year so just be on the lookout for a few things that don't match up. The print date is on the back of the book just above the bar code. That would tell you if it is a "classic" or a recent printing"