Menu

Memoria Press or Classical Academic Press for logic?

I get the impression that Classical Academic's logic is more interesting, but Memoria Press's logic program is more thorough. Anyone have opinions or reviews on either/both? Thank you!

:bigear: And which can be used secularly? (CAP?)

CAP is certainly more entertaining, but if you use all three books I think they even out in thoroughness. CAP just starts off more gently with fallacies instead of plunging right into formal logic study like MP.

I would not recommend MP if secular is your aim. For any subject, really. I think you could probably get away with CAP, unless even slight mentions will not be okay. (It seems like there may have been a few little ones in Art of Argument, but the memories are fuzzy. My brain doesn't filter them though; take that with some salt.)

CAP is certainly more entertaining, but if you use all three books I think they even out in thoroughness. CAP just starts off more gently with fallacies instead of plunging right into formal logic study like MP.

I would not recommend MP if secular is your aim. For any subject, really. I think you could probably get away with CAP, unless even slight mentions will not be okay. (It seems like there may have been a few little ones in Art of Argument, but the memories are fuzzy. My brain doesn't filter them though; take that with some salt.)

Thanks. Sorry, OP, for hijacking your thread.