Menu

ADHD hyperfocus vs. OCD

I am not sure of what you are going through, but :grouphug: because you wouldn't ask if it was easy.

I have not asked on here because my dh refuses to acknowledge any problems or seek help for our ds10.

I almost went crazy! I think both my dh and myself have some ADD and I am a bit toward the OCD end too. I battle it in my mind, but still I lose control at times.

I get into pits, and have to dig my way out.

Our ds10 has shown signs of ADHD and impulse problems since he was about 3. He has almost burned our house down, and had SS called.

I made my dh take him to a place for help and he did but the first thing he told them was "NO MEDICATION"

It has been a battle for sure. I wish I could provide a more structured environment, but with my pain and health issues it is very difficult.

Our dd12 just realized that she is similar to her brother in some ways... she is ADHD but not as severely as he is. She is highly intelligent, but procrastinates alot.

He is also highly intelligent, but like a bomb, you never know when he will go off.

I never know what he will do, so unfortunately I have given in to computer, Wii, and DS time to help calm him some. I have made sure he plays math, logic, and puzzle games too.

I am looking at books to read aloud and making him read some on character. Sir Gibbie is on my list, and the Patricia St. John series was a hit.

I pray everyday for our children to learn how to have self control, and love other people.

Life is hard, but God is good!