Menu

Melanoma Rise - What says the hive?

OP, I totally get what you are saying. :)

As for me personally, I don't put on sunscreen every.single.day. Then again, I don't go outside every single day, either... but even if I did, if it is just for a reasonable period of time, I wouldn't put sunscreen on.

My boys go outside often and I don't lather them with sunscreen every time. I guess I just didn't think it was necessary to put it on all the time. I get that melanoma is bad, etc. It had just never occurred to me that sending kids outside for a couple of hours = slathering them with sunscreen. :001_huh:

Does everyone else put sunscreen on all the time?? I guess I just figured everyone did it the same way...

I posted above that ds13 must wear sunscreen 365 days per year. If he is headed out for anything longer than about 30 minutes he is to have sunscreen on exposed areas. Regardless of time of year. My other 3 kids are not slathered up like that. They usually have none on in the winter and only really from late srpinf to early fall if they will be out for more than 1.5 hours or so.