Menu

Prof B Question

anabelneri

Hello!

I'm eyeing Professor B for my girls. I have extra funds from our charter school, and I could get the CDs for Levels 1 & 2, but not the workbooks. I have the workbook (and the textbook, actually) for Level 1 textbook-style; are they similar enough that I can use it? Am I crazy to buy the Level 1 CD when I already have the textbook & one daughter is already mostly past it anyway?

Thanks so much!

We enjoyed Prof. B Math. I only had the workbooks so I can't give you any input on the Cd version. I remember that they looked like fun. I would take a look at your overall mix of coursework. Add the Cd if more computer work is acceptable to you. I don't think adding the Cd when she has already completed some of the workbook is a problem. The first book was mainly drill for basic facts. Doing it again on the computer will be fun. Just don't remind her that she has already done it!

I used Prof B with my son, and got the CDs, but you aren't supposed to just let your child watch the CDs on her own. You are supposed to sit with them and read the parts that you are supposed to read.

My son actually preferred that I teach the math to him using the textbooks (he was in grade 5 at the time), so I ended up selling the CDs and just using the text book and workbooks.

I would think that you would either get the CD or the textbook, but you need the workbook because that's where the practice problems are after the lesson has been taught. There's also an answer key you can get.