Menu

FB question about the news feed and linked articles that friends have read

Lately I have noticed a couple of items in my news feed, "so and so just read such-n-such article," with a link to the article. This is not a link intentionally linked by the reader, it is apparently an automatic link that pops up in the news feed just because the article was read.

Well, I think....yikes! I don't want my reading list published! I mean, I am not into anything terrible, I just don't want all my facebook friends to see that I'm researching the Wheat Belly Diet or checking out the red carpet runway fashions. It's unnecessary, kwim? Heh heh, my teenagers get embarrassed enough as it is, they don't need this kind of stuff showing up in the news feeds of their friends who have befriended me. Gah!

So, can anyone tell me how/when/why this happens and how to prevent myself from inadvertently posting links to frivolous news items? FWIW, the latest incident was a yahoo article, I can't remember sources for other articles, perhaps they have all been from the yahoo site.

You have to click a box, and physically 'ok' that you want to join Yahoo Read, or whatever it's called. I don't know why people do that. I don't want people knowing what I read. For the Yahoo ones, at least you can click on the article and actually read it. The Washington Post has the same thing, but if you click on the link, you're required to install the reader app before you can read the article, which is so annoying. Sometimes I've really wanted to read the article, so I just go to the WP website and search for it.

You have to click a box, and physically 'ok' that you want to join Yahoo Read, or whatever it's called. I don't know why people do that. I don't want people knowing what I read. For the Yahoo ones, at least you can click on the article and actually read it. The Washington Post has the same thing, but if you click on the link, you're required to install the reader app before you can read the article, which is so annoying. Sometimes I've really wanted to read the article, so I just go to the WP website and search for it.

Do you know if there's any way to check my status on that (just in case I carelessly clicked something I should not have?).:001_huh: