Menu

Can't decide between WWE & FLL or PLL & writing strands

I have used FLL 1-3, WWE 1-3 and PLL. I think of PLL as a condensed, gentler version of FLL and WWE. My dd loved all of the nature references and picture studies in PLL. She wasn't thrilled with all of the poems in PLL but has loved every single one in FLL. Since I couldn't decide which to use, I did FLL and WWE throughout the school year and PLL over the summers between first and second and second and third as review. I plan on using ILL over the next three summers.

You are correct to say FLL has more explicit grammar instruction. WWE is like PLL in that they both have copywork and dictation. I think PLL has the child think more and engage in more discussions.

That is all I can remember now, but if you have any specific questions, maybe I can answer them.

I have used FLL 1-3, WWE 1-3 and PLL. I think of PLL as a condensed, gentler version of FLL and WWE. My dd loved all of the nature references and picture studies in PLL. She wasn't thrilled with all of the poems in PLL but has loved every single one in FLL. Since I couldn't decide which to use, I did FLL and WWE throughout the school year and PLL over the summers between first and second and second and third as review. I plan on using ILL over the next three summers.

You are correct to say FLL has more explicit grammar instruction. WWE is like PLL in that they both have copywork and dictation. I think PLL has the child think more and engage in more discussions.

That is all I can remember now, but if you have any specific questions, maybe I can answer them.

I think you and I have talked previously :) All those PM's where I picked your brain. I'm just still not sure. We are finishing BJU english 3 next week and I hope to pick up the 2nd half of PLL then and carry it through the summer. Just not sure of next year.