Menu

World Tour Dinner Ideas?

DS5 has requested that we eat foods from different countries each night for dinner. We've done/I have ideas for Cuba, Mexico, China, Thailand, India, Japan, Great Britain, France, Greece. Anyone have some other ideas? I'd be happy to hear ideas for France and Greece too, because I'm not 100% sold on my own. And of course if you have a wonderful idea for the other countries I listed, by all means share. Doesn't have to be simple, although simple is nice. And he doesn't prefer to eat food in creamy or cheesy sauces, so I'd like to avoid that. If there are threads about this already, could someone link them please? I couldn't find any but may have searched poorly. Thanks!

I have lots of recipes from Central Asia on my blog, mostly ones that I've worked on myself when I've eaten something good here. Here's a link to some of them. Laghman is one of my favorites, and it's fun to try making the noodles yourself. Boorsok is easy and tasty, and plov is very, very common here. A relatively simple meal would be plov with naan and a tomato cucumber salad and a carrot salad.

Central Asian food is different from any of its surrounding areas, although it has borrowed from everyone around it. There are some really delicious things here (and some truly boring or nasty ones, but you don't have to cook those :))

I have lots of recipes from Central Asia on my blog, mostly ones that I've worked on myself when I've eaten something good here. Here's a link to some of them. Laghman is one of my favorites, and it's fun to try making the noodles yourself. Boorsok is easy and tasty, and plov is very, very common here. A relatively simple meal would be plov with naan and a tomato cucumber salad and a carrot salad.

Central Asian food is different from any of its surrounding areas, although it has borrowed from everyone around it. There are some really delicious things here (and some truly boring or nasty ones, but you don't have to cook those :))

Wow! Thank you! I am so excited about these recipes! Hooray!