Menu

Human Odyssey with History Odyssey?

I used Human Odyssey for supplemental reading with History Odyssey for both Ancients last year and Middle Ages this year. In addition I scheduled Gombrich's Little History of the World which seemed to be a more direct substitute for Story of Mankind.

We'll be doing Ancients Level 2 with Human Odyssey next year, but I haven't had a chance to work on the scheduling yet. If someone else already has one, I'd love to know about it. :001_smile:

I've been looking at HO level 2 Ancients schedule and comparing it to the k12 Human Odyssey Vol1 text. History Odyssey uses King Fisher History and The Story of Mankind. From what I can tell, you may swap TSOM with the k12 text no problems. HO level 2 Ancients relies heavily on KFH and I would not go without that book.

I will be using the following World in Ancient Times books to supplement for sure: Near Eastern World, Chinese World, South Asian World, Roman World, and Greek World.

I do not have a schedule written out. Did I answer the original question?

Edited by Heathermomster

I have a schedule that lines up medieval, but not ancients. If you want it, please pm me with your email address and I can email it to you.:) (The boards won't let me post it or send it through them, it's too big).

Edited by Jen+4dc

• 2 months later...
I've been looking at HO level 2 Ancients schedule and comparing it to the k12 Human Odyssey Vol1 text. History Odyssey uses King Fisher History and The Story of Mankind. From what I can tell, you may swap TSOM with the k12 text no problems. HO level 2 Ancients relies heavily on KFH and I would not go without that book.

I will be using the following World in Ancient Times books to supplement for sure: Near Eastern World, Chinese World, South Asian World, Roman World, and Greek World.

I do not have a schedule written out. Did I answer the original question?

Hi, I am really interested in HO Ancients 2 but I did not want to use TSOM. What other spines do you know of that could sub for TSOM?

Hi, I am really interested in HO Ancients 2 but I did not want to use TSOM. What other spines do you know of that could sub for TSOM?

The K12 Vol 1 Human Odyssey is the only one that I've looked at.

TSOM may be found for free at google books. You could look it over to get an idea of what you'd miss. SWB's STOW seems popular, but you'll need to pursue that further. Also, did you see where Lorax used Gombrich's Little History of the World? I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful.

Edited by Heathermomster