Menu

Phonics workbook

MomtoCandJ

Does anyone have a phonics workbook that I can see the first few pages or link me to a site to see them? I'm trying to find something for dd and can't find samples of anything online that I could use to see if she will like it. She is 3 years old and wants to learn to read, so thinking of doing a workbook type thing orally. Have OPGTTR from the library right now, going to start it next week while she's on spring break from Headstart, to see if she likes that. We don't have the money to waste buying things that won't work for her. Really interested in Plaid Phonics and ETC :) Please help me

Edited by melissamathews
clarification

Just because she's so young I suggest phonics pathways. I'm using it for review for my 4yo and kind of wishing I'd had it from the beginning. Each lesson is very simple, short. There isn't as much script for Parent's, but used in conjunction with OPGTR, you'd probably have everything you need to know. If she doesn't know any of her letter sounds, get set for the code is a good bet. Have fun! (letter magnets are a good thing to have too, she can show you the letter instead of say it)

Another question, which workbook would you recommend for dd age 3? I am leaning more towards ETC Ready Set Go series but want opinions from BTDT moms

I'd say get the Ready Set Go set and just do a fun LOTW-type year. I just got finished printing these:

http://www.starfall.com/ni/download/level-k-bl/bl-abc.pdf

for my 3 (nearly 4) year old. They may have more handwriting than you want, but they're free!

I'm using Get Ready, Get Set, Go for the Code with ds4. Of course, it's a bit silly because he's reading very well already, but he sometimes enjoys something workbooky. For him, it's more about learning to follow directions than learning the phonics.