Menu

Kid's book club

Our pick is up this month and I would like to have a few good ones to let ds9 choose from. We have been meeting for a few years; the ages are 6-9, readers and non readers, girls and boys equally.

Some that we have done: Toothpaste Millionaire, Hundred Dresses, Frindle, Sarah, Plain and Tall, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, Catwings, a few Roald Daul, one of the Narnia books, Castle in the Attic, Velveteen Rabbit, Mouse named Wolf...

My last pick was Knight's Castle and only one other person even read it :lol::tongue_smilie: I did not realize really but I guess it was too much for the kids so I thought I would get suggestions from the Hive.

I have noticed that we get more participation when the books are on the shorter side :D

Thanks!

These are all good picks! Thank you!

I was searching around and also found The Real Thief. A google search has some good discussion questions. Another good idea is a theme- I though poetry might be fun. We had a man come to speak who had the children rolling with laughter so I think ds might like to pick a fav poem or book of poems.

Just thought I would mention for anyone else searching. These ages are hard!