Menu

Harcourt Language?

DarlaS

Anyone using this?

I just got the grade 4 student book a couple days ago. I've only skimmed it so far, but it looks like a contender for next year.

It's easily paced (36 chapters with five topics each). Looks to be on grade level.

It only briefly touches on diagramming, but that's easily enough supplemented.

These are being sold through Rainbow Resource under the category "Saxon Homeschool Language Arts Programs" (but I'm not paying that--I got my student book used for $4).

Thanks! I happened upon that link, but didn't find much useful the first time. I see some neat things there now though. Hmmm... wonder if I was actually somewhere else.

It's also here under HMH Language arts:

http://saxonhomeschool.hmhco.com/en/products/default.htm?level2Code=M0009&level3Code=M31098&level4Code=M000123&level5Code=

There are extensive samples there. Elements of Language for grades 6+ also looks promising: http://saxonhomeschool.hmhco.com/en/products/default.htm?level2Code=M0009&level3Code=M31098&level4Code=M000124&level5Code=

I will probably just use this for grammar and we may pick and choose some of the writing assignments (I just bought Essentials in Writing for my two younger students.).

I"m figuring on getting a teacher's edition, but the student book really explains well. Not sure what the TM would add. Answer key? Grading rubrics? I've very seldom needed to refer to it for grammar instruction.

Edited by darlasowders