Menu

Ike's/trader Joel's must haves

Hubby and I are taking our first trip to both places(its supposed to say IKEA and Trader Joe's) on Monday and wanted to get an idea of people's favorites from there! So tell me what I can't leave the store without!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by hsmom23
Name is wrong

Ikea- I've loved my dressers from there and anything in the Expidit shelving line.

Trader Joe's- can't really go wrong there. I don't care for some of their produce, but I buy nuts, almond meal, rice, vegetable and chicken stock, frozen fruit, butter, eggs, milk, yogurt, flavored sparkling water, peanut butter, organic fruit spread, and lots of other stuff there on a regular basis. I buy their taco seasoning mix (a little on the spicy side) and taco shells, along with some of the frozen mexican foods sometimes. My sister likes the frozen Indian food, too. My kids love to pick treats from there when I let them. They like the frozen pizzas, white cheddar corn puffs; Gorilla Munch cereal; the organic cheese and peanut butter mini sandwich crackers; This Strawberry Walks Into a Bar bars; freeze dried mangos, strawberries, and bananas; Snap Pea Crisps; whole wheat pretzel rods, and lots of other things I can't think of right now. Before I went gluten-free, I used to buy myself the ham and caramelized onion Tarte d'Alsace in the frozen section for a treat. Yummy!

The dark chocolate covered caramels are sinfully delicious and addicting. I've been bad and have been buying them. I have to go on a sugar detox after Easter! :tongue_smilie:

I think if anything looks interesting to you, you should get it. It's pretty cheap and most people I know have liked almost everything they've tried from TJ's.

IKEA: Their magazine files and storage boxes are so cheap and nice. Likewise their picture frames (especially the Ribba line). Also, if I could have an Expedit bookshelf in every room of my house, I would. If you're in the market for furniture, the Ektorp and Hemnes lines are wonderful quality for the price. As for TJs, I mostly like their selection of wines, their frozen family dinners, and their cheap prices on uncured bacon. They also have great prices on pantry goods, but we don't use much of that stuff here (we try to eat grain-free and fresh). Have fun! Those are two awesome stores!

My first thought for Trader Joes was Three Buck Chuck! They have a very cheap line of wine which while not always the best, it definitely drinkable. I like to be a spend-thrift and buy their more expensive wine which is still under $5 a bottle. The Sangiovese in particular is pretty decent.

Just have fun a grab what appeals to you. They are both fun places to wander.

Looooove my shelves from IKEA. I used to use the magazine boxes in my classroom.

I have a lot of their kitchen stuff. My favorite is the cheese grater. The grater fits like a lid over a tupperware bowl. You grate your cheese, use what you want, and then put the real lid on when you are done. It's the best grater I've owned. It's easier to grate going back and forth than up and down. I cannot say enough about this cheese grater! Ha!

I love their cheap kid's toys, too.

And you must eat the meatballs.