Menu

E-book reader for kids

brill123

Hi friends,

I searched alot on Internet for buying kindlefire in Canada but I think it is not available for shipping from States.so how is blackberry playbook for e reading content and web browsing videos?

Is kindle e books available on blackberry play book?

Kindly guide me which e reader or tablet (not iPad as it is expensive)

In Toronto ESP. From Canada Homeschool moms.

Hope anyone will guide me .

I would really recommend checking out the Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch. Our kids (8 and 11) and my husband and I each have one, and we are delighted with them. My husband and I traded in our first generation Nooks to get the Simple Touch, and it was worth it.

These things are incredibly sturdy-- we have not even bothered to purchase a case for any of them-- and the clip on light available (reading in the car, etc) actually works nicely. They work by either touch screen or buttons built into the rubber case around the outside, have the e-ink screen, long battery life, fantastic customer support with B&N (Personal experience with that when TSA broke mine out of warranty and B&N replaced it anyway-- even sent the new one before I shipped the old one back, postage paid).

I have used a friend's Kindle, just out of curiosity, and am completely happy with the Nook. These things are nearly indestructible, and the availability of books is fantastic, in the US; if you have B&N north of the border the book availability should be similar.

If you won't to load apps don't get a Kindle Fire - you can get it, but apps are US only. Blackberry = very few apps.

If you just want an ereader get a Kobo. My DD (8) likes e-reading on the iPod the best, much lighter than the iPad (cheaper too), you can load the Kobo app, Kindle app etc. all for free and read, well...any ebook on it.

hi Jennifer Bogart,

Thanx for guiding me.

If you could send me Kobo app, Kindle app for e-reading classics literature for kids 7-12 ages I would be thankful to you.

Can I be able to load kindle apps on Ipod/Iphone 3gs in Canada without any problem?

What is your opinion on Samsung galaxy tabs ?is there any kindle e books apps for it?

I have Iphone 3gs so can i get kindle ebooks in it in Toronto?

Edited by brill123

After you download the reader apps you still need to go and download the e-book content for them.

Here is a link to the Kindle app.

Here is a link to the Kobo app.

You still can't load Kindle Fire Apps to an iPhone/iPod though - you need to load iOS apps from iTunes/App Store onto it. But yes - you can load the Kindle app to it.

YES, in Toronto, Kindle books, no problem. I am south of Edmonton, AB and can buy/download free Kindle books to my iPad/iPod no problem :).

I don't have a Samsung - I do have a different Android tablet though (and yes, there is a Kindle app for Android) and if you are interested in other educational apps there are far more available for iDevices than there are for Android tablets.