Menu

Ap lit and com at Potter-which teacher?

You probably know this already (though it wasn't clear from your post - so I thought I would mention it) - Mrs. Yost teaches the AP English Literature and Composition and Mrs. Troxell teaches the AP English Language and Composition course. So they are teaching two different courses. I can only comment about one of the teachers - my daughter is currently taking Adv. Comp. with Mrs. Troxell and *really* likes her. She is an excellent teacher and takes a lot of time to grade and comment on my dd's papers (even though she is expecting baby #3 and has had a tough time with morning sickness this year). I also appreciate that she sends out weekly email updates to the parents re what was covered in class, what the next assignment is, and where she is in grading their papers (i.e. when they can expect to find out their grades). She was also very helpful in giving advice for what course my dd should take next year. If you email her (or Mrs. Yost), I'm sure they will take the time to help you decide which course is right for your student.

Hth! :)