Menu

6th grade earth and space questions

I bought them a few years ago with the intention of doing WTM science and found them tough to use. As I recall, they had lots of experiments and projects that required weird stuff or things that were tough to find. I decided it was too much work trying to do science that way.

I bought them a few years ago with the intention of doing WTM science and found them tough to use. As I recall, they had lots of experiments and projects that required weird stuff or things that were tough to find. I decided it was too much work trying to do science that way.

We are totally hit or miss with experiments around here. Other than the experiments/projects part, what did you think of the books?

I own both books but ended up not using them. I got them in case I couldn't figure out how to do an experiment from CPO, our science program for the year.

I am not looking at them right now, but I remember them as being mostly experiments. It is a series of two or four page spreads with a small amount of text about a topic. The sections are mostly about what experiment you will need to do to illustrate the topic being presented. I don't remember there being much 'hard to find' items, mostly things from around the house, but some stuff was off the beaten track.

Again, I am not looking at them right now and I haven't looked at them in a while. My recollection might not be accurate. There might be more text and discussion than I remember.

Is there a chance your public library has them? I got them used off amazon for less than 1$ plus shipping for each one. That was part of why I didn't mind buying them for 'just in case'.

Again, I am not looking at them right now and I haven't looked at them in a while. My recollection might not be accurate. There might be more text and discussion than I remember.

That's exactly my recollection as well. The books predominantly consisted of experiments and didn't have much textual value.

As a result, my kids didn't even bother reading them for fun. The books are still gathering dust on my science shelves.