Menu

if you use SM how do you schedule BOTH books?

justLisa

I am always going back and forth from Singapore to MM. Sometimes we need a little more practice, or a concept broken down more, which MM is good for. We are between SM 3 and 4 now

How do you schedule both books? Do you do them one after another? Some together? It just seems like SO many problems to do both books, and also it is hard for him to rewrite them all neat enough to solve. Just wondering what other do....

Edited by 425lisamarie

I haven't used Singapore 3 or 4 yet. We are finishing up 2B this week. What we do is use the text book for teaching. I pick and choose problems and write them out for him to solve or do them orally from the book. Then he moves to do the workbook independently to show me that he understands the concept without any coaching from me.

I don't think we have ever done all the problems on a page from the textbook since my DS hasn't needed that much practice. If he needed to do that much then we would work through the problems in the textbook one day together and then save the workbook for the following day to do independently.

He also has two math times a day. One 30 min for teaching new material/doing the workbook and one 15min for independent work on a section from the IP books from a semester behind.