Menu

Apologia Science for 5th and 3rd?

TwoToSchool

I have had a wild time trying to find a science curriculum for next year for my two older kids. While I am sure that my kids would love me to lead them daily in experiments, I need them to have a bit more independence in science this year. I'm thinking about using Apologia for both of them. Is it possible to to...say, use the Anatomy and Physiology for both kids, purchasing one book and two notebooking journals, or would that not be appropriate for both? I can't seem to find a grade range on any of the sciences, so I'm having a hard time trying to decide on one:/

I've heard that the anatomy book is harder than the others, but I can't say for sure since I haven't seen it myself. But I wanted to tell you that 3rd and 5th grade is perfect for the Apologia elementary books. We are using Botany now, and my 3rd and 4th graders do the notebooking. I also bought the kit for the experiments so we'd have all of the supplies already. We've really enjoyed it and they've learned a lot.

ETA: Definitely get them both a notebooking journal! That really helps cement what they are learning.

I've heard that the anatomy book is harder than the others, but I can't say for sure since I haven't seen it myself. But I wanted to tell you that 3rd and 5th grade is perfect for the Apologia elementary books. We are using Botany now, and my 3rd and 4th graders do the notebooking. I also bought the kit for the experiments so we'd have all of the supplies already. We've really enjoyed it and they've learned a lot.

ETA: Definitely get them both a notebooking journal! That really helps cement what they are learning.

That sounds great! Which of the Apologia books are classified as "elementary"? I'm having a hard time since none really are labeled with a grade level that they're appropriate for

That sounds great! Which of the Apologia books are classified as "elementary"? I'm having a hard time since none really are labeled with a grade level that they're appropriate for

Have you checked out the Apologia website? This should have all the information you need, including what Notebooks are available; some of the elementary books have both a regular Notebook and a Junior Notebook.

Have you checked out the Apologia website? This should have all the information you need, including what Notebooks are available; some of the elementary books have both a regular Notebook and a Junior Notebook.

Thanks I will:) I've been looking on CBD, and while their prices are great....they're info is kind of 'all over the place!" lol

Thanks I will:) I've been looking on CBD, and while their prices are great....they're info is kind of 'all over the place!" lol

Yep! CBD is great for seeing example pages (most of the time), but I think the Apologia website shows you what books are available more clearly.