Menu

BF Early Amer. History with a K/1/2 mix?

lorisuewho

I'm planning to do Beautiful Feet American History with my crew next year. I will have one son who is a k/1 mix and one that is a 1/2 mix. Should I supplement this history at all with a spine? Does it go well with another program? I heard it is lite on Native American history but wasn't sure where to go to fill in that gap?

Has anyone done this program that they can comment on how it went?

Thanks so much.

I think you have great ages for this program. I was very impressed with how much my boys learned and how much they enjoyed the books.

I used it for the first half of the year, but I found I was having to supplement to much for my oldest. My oldest needed more of a challenge and to be reading more on his own, so I found myself having to supplement a lot for him. It was a really good fit for my middle. In the end, I dropped it because I like to keep my boys together for history.

I think you have great ages for this program. I was very impressed with how much my boys learned and how much they enjoyed the books.

I used it for the first half of the year, but I found I was having to supplement to much for my oldest. My oldest needed more of a challenge and to be reading more on his own, so I found myself having to supplement a lot for him. It was a really good fit for my middle. In the end, I dropped it because I like to keep my boys together for history.

Thank you for sharing your experience. What curriculum did you use for the second half?

A book basket full of picture books is always a good addition at that age- with any curricula, imho. It doesn't have to be part of "school", just read and enjoy them. I use the library, keep an eye out at yard sales, etc.

Great idea. I haven't used book baskets yet, but I really like this idea, especially for history!