Menu

Would you post your weekly or monthly meal plan?

I'm at this project again and in searching through old posts, I see lots of people working on meal plans but not many links to actual completed ones.

Mine is full of wintry type dishes and though family fav;s we're tired of it all :)

I'd love to see yours.

Thanks in advance.

week 1 bkfst -

pancakes

eggs and toastcereal and cinn rollsfrench toast and sausageoatmeal and fruit smoothieswaffles and sausagecereal and fruit

week 2 bkfst

french toastsmoothies and pb toastoatmeal and cinn toastpancakes and sausagecereal and toastwaffles and sausagecheese toast and fruit

week 1 lunch

deli sandwichesred beans and rice chef salad/celery sticksfried rice leftoverschicken soupchicken salad sandchilli with rice leftovers

week 2 lunch

mac and meat saucegrilled cheese and soupchicken salad sand.fried ricewraps and veggieschef saladleftover beans and rice

week 1 dinner

chicken and broccolichoice: spag or red bns/riceveggie stir fry w/ fried ricechicken pot piepizza and greek saladchilli and cornbreadsoup and homemade bread

week 2 dinner

bean soup and breadchicken roasterenchiladasshepherd's piepizza and greek saladbeans and riceroast and veggies

I use this for dinner: menus4moms.com It gives you a menu for the week with shopping list & recipes. They also just started a low budget one. I haven't looked at it yet, but their regular menu is very good.

We do Oatmeal, pancakes, or cold cereal for breakfast, and sandwiches or leftovers for lunch.

I keep a stocked pantry and draw from it. For the next few weeks we have:

Breakfast:

Choice of cereal with milk, bacon and eggs.

Lunch:

Peanut Butter & Jelly wrap or sandwich, Turkey roll-ups (turkey, guacamole, & greens), leftovers from dinner (stir-fry, creole chicken, etc.)

Dinner:

Stir-fry (chicken w/tofu or burger w/tofu), Creole Chicken, Buffalo Chicken, Quesadillas, hot dogs & brats, hamburgers, steak, pasta and pizza.

As the garden comes in we will add meals such as:

Veggie delight (corn on the cob, baked potato and beans), bacon and tomato sandwiches, spaghetti squash, etc.

In the winter we have things like:

Chili, chicken soup, white chicken chili, egg drop soup, egg rolls, pot stickers, pinto beans, essentially soups.

Good luck on your meal planning. The best advice is to find out what meals your family likes the most, the items you are most likely to have on hand and draw from there.:001_smile:

BREAKFAST

Muffins

Eggs/Toast

Grits/cream of wheat

Waffles/sausage

Toast

Cereal...weekend only

LUNCH:

Sandwiches

Ramon Noodles

Hot dogs/fries

Potatoes

Soup/Ravioli

Leftovers

SUPPER:

BLT's with chips

Taco Salad

Chili

Spaghetti w/garlic bread

Vegetable Soup

Roast w/potatoes and carrots

Chicken and Rice

Fried chicken, veggies and rice

Hamburgers/fries

Chicken and broccoli Alfredo

Dh's lunch menu

Lasagna

Veggie Soup

Roast

Chicken Rice

Chicken veggies and rice

Stir Fry

SNACK:

Brownies

Cake

Popcorn

Cookies

This is for the month and I just go through and put it on a calendar and post it on my frig.

I tend to do mine by week, soliciting input from the guys about what they'd like. I also keep a stocked pantry and freezers and tend to draw from them. I also have begun shopping meat sales at my local grocer of things reduced for quick sale.

So, this past weekend, for Father's Day, I found some organic petite sirloins on sale and marinated them overnight in a concoction I threw together of Worchestershire, cooking Sherry, and a steak seasoning blend. My husband grilled them, along with big strips of squash, brushed with olive oil and heavily sprinkled with lemon pepper blend. And in summer, I generally put out a plate of fresh vegi slices with dip at most meals (peppers, celery, carrots, etc.)

For meals this week, they decided they wanted a type of sundried tomato pasta I had introduced recently with chicken added to it to make it a meal; spaghetti; and tacos, leaving me to decide on something else.

So Monday, I pulled out frozen chicken tenderloins I keep on hand and braised them in water, along with salt and pepper, and a chicken seasoning blend. I let most of the stock boil off, but left a little as I've learned that this pre-packaged pasta sauce is too thick. Once I boiled the pasta and sundried tomatoes, I added the sauce paste to my pan of chicken and broth and stirred it into a proper sauce consistency. Served with green beans sprinkled with lemon pepper (a favorite summertime seasoning around here).

Yesterday, because they liked the marinated steaks so much, I'd found some boneless pork tenderloin on sale and so marinated it in a concoction of rice wine vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce. They grilled it and we had it with corn on the cob and pineapple chunks.

Tonight is a swim meet that lasts all evening, so we don't try to cook as we have no time to eat what we cook.

Tomorrow will be spaghetti with garlic bread and Friday night will be tacos with all the fixins, plus black beand (or I may try some refrieds at this point). I've already gotten the meat for both these, and everything else is on hand.

So that's sort of how I do it from week to week. We often eat leftovers on Fridays and for some meals over the weekend. We often eat out as a family sometime over the course of the weekend for at least one of our main meals (or two).

I like this cookbook.http://www.schallertel.net/~rmasters/ It gives you a list of weekly recipes of some of the simplest home cooking/ comfort food type of meals. It also gives you weekly grocery lists. I especially like the time prep that gives you exact instuctions on how to get your meals on the table by 6:00 every night - an example would be 4:20 cook the chicken breasts, 5:15 chop vegetables, 5:30 begin stirfying vegetables, 5:50 put tortilla chips and salsa in bowls ect. You can order this directly from the author or from Rainbow Resource http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Supper%92s+on+the+Table%2C+Come+Home+Cookbook/039235/1213805688-1316407

Blessing

Zoraida