Menu

WWS--Loving it with my 6th grader, but what about next year?

In theory, we will have the next level next year.

(I do believe in SWB and her ability to knock out a writing program in a year, I do, I do, I do. )

I am off to throw salt over my shoulder.

Even if WWS 2 isn't out next fall (I think she can, I think she can, I think she can), our experience with WWS 1 should leave us in a position to actually apply those skills.

Often when I'd asked my kids to outline a history chapter in the past, they gave me blank looks or didn't know what to include. But I think that now, they would understand the task I'm giving to them. So I think I'd be able to move to "just" giving them a history spine or science text and having them apply the skills they've mastered.

I agree Sebastian. We are planning to go back and review some of the types of writing taught in WWS and practice them on our own over the summer a few times and until the next level comes out!

I have been thinking A LOT about it over the past few days though. We are coming up on the last 10 weeks of WWS and I am excited to see the next level!

We are also anxiously awaiting the next level! My ds11 is NOT a natural writer and the second half of WWS has certainly been a challenge for him, but I'm sold that this is the best way to teach/learn writing! We're keeping our fingers crossed Susan can pull off the next level by fall! :D

We are also anxiously awaiting the next level! My ds11 is NOT a natural writer and the second half of WWS has certainly been a challenge for him, but I'm sold that this is the best way to teach/learn writing! We're keeping our fingers crossed Susan can pull off the next level by fall! :D

Yes, I think it's pretty challenging as well, and DD is not even a reluctant writer. I'm glad we've been able to use it for 6th and not 5th.

My main concern is that, since my kids are fairly decent writers, I probably don't (won't) challenge them as much as I need to on my own. WWS gives me that extra push to "go a little deeper."

Sigh, I'm afraid the History of the World will eclipse WWS this year. But we can always hope! :001_smile:

Me too!!!

We won't quite finish the first year of WWS because we took off for the month of November during NaNoWriMo. That gives us one month of WWS to start with in August then I'm counting on SWB!