Menu

So You Want to Learn Spanish in co-op setting

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've enjoyed reading the posts so far. I'm wondering if anyone has used the SYWTLS program in a co-op setting and if so, how did you use class time vs. work done at home? Also, what ages did you work with? How long does the Book 1 cover? Whole year, half year?

Thanks,

Maureen in NJ

Thanks, Laura. Have you used them? If so, could you give a review? We've used Leanables for the last two years and the kids have learned tons of vocab and sentence structures, but have no understanding of what they are doing with the verbs, so they can't expand the knowledge. Also, the Learnables program has absolutely nothing developed to use in the classroom, not even larger versions of their pictures. I contacted the company and they weren't interested. We developed bingo games, large pictures and all kinds of activities, but it was way too much work.

Does anyone have experience using this curriculum with a co-op and could you give an opinion?

Thanks a lot,

Maureen in NJ

I haven't used it myself - we'll be starting French in January. Patricia in WA has used it in a family setting; I don't know of anyone who has used it in a coop, but it's used widely in British private schools.

You might want to look at this assessment pack for more materials. If it's not clear what is in it, I'd contact the company to ask: they are very responsive, in my experience. There's also a teacher's book, which says it has suggestions for implementation, but I haven't seen it.

Best wishes

Laura