Menu

s/o IEW's SWCC-c and the Elegant Essay

I'm thinking of using Elegant Essay over the rest of this year(9th) and doing SWCC-C next year(10th)

Ds has finished SWCC-b (mostly) this year.

Ds doesn't have a lot of writing experience (other than IEW swi-b and the cc) and I want him to have a variety of experience b/f we proceed to HEI.

How does the continuation course's coverage of the essay compare to the elegant essay? Will it be redundant? A good extension?

Can you share any experience you've had with SWCC-c?

Thank you!

Edited by secretgarden

I though the A b c designation referred to different grade levels but with each level containing basically the same instruction. I did not think one needed to do each a b and c level.

I believe the courses were designed for progression from one of the SWI courses to the successive continuation courses until completion with SICC-C. However, I'm interested in any responses to the OP's question, as I'd like to know where EE might fit into the mix.

Edited by amsunshine

I though the A b c designation referred to different grade levels but with each level containing basically the same instruction. I did not think one needed to do each a b and c level.

I have come to understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Continuation Courses are built upon one another and can be covered one after another. It is the Student Writing Intensive (SWI-a,b,or c) that are only done once.

Of course, many never do the SWICC's, but ds and I have really liked Andrew Pudewa teaching and really see the beauty of the courses in our situation.

Again, I am curious about the SWICC-C in general, and, specifically, if the essay portion of it will be a nice addition to EE - giving more practice in what EE will introduce.

Thank you,

Edited by secretgarden

I have come to understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Continuation Courses are built upon one another and can be covered one after another. It is the Student Writing Intensive (SWI-a,b,or c) that are only done once.

Of course, many never do the SWICC's, but ds and I have really liked Andrew Pudewa teaching and really see the beauty of the courses in our situation.

Again, I am curious about the SWICC-C in general, and, specifically, if the essay portion of it will be a nice addition to EE - giving more practice in what EE will introduce.

Thank you,

The bolded is true. We are doing SICC-B this year and will do SICC-C eventually.

Have you seen their sequence suggestions in the catalog? It's on pages 6 and 7. If you don't have a catalog, you can see it online here. They have Elegant Essay assigned before SICC-C. If you look at the sample for SICC-C, they have the types of essays assigned in the table of contents.

HTH.