Menu

CLE LA too fast

fork29

My DD has been doing CLE LA for 1st grade. We both liked it and it seemed to be going fine for a while. Now it seems as though it's starting to move too fast for DD. She needs more time to practice with the new things without adding more new on top of it so quickly. Does anyone have any recommendations on either how to slow down with CLE or a different curriculum that may fit better?

I found that same thing with my 1st grader. So I sold all my CLE and bought ABEKA (which I used with my older kids). ABEKA just wasn't getting the job done and I realized I really like CLE and my son was actually learning more with CLE. So I went and bought all the CLE again. It's spiral so I just keep going over the stuff he isn't picking up right away. He seems to have focus issues and his brain wanders. It's working for him and he likes it. I'm buying CLE for 2nd grade and for my next year 1st grader. Lesson learned!!