Menu

Looking for a link to a great "so, you think you want to homeschool" article or post.

I have a FOAF who is asking about homeschooling her kids (will be K next year), but I get the sense they don't even know what it all really means, why people homeschool, etc... just that they'd like to and is it possible.

I could write something up, but would rather find some great, wise, well-written article to pass on and show them some direction... any ideas?

So You're Thinking About Homeschooling would be a good read for them. Lisa Welchel's writing style drives me nuts (a bit too chatty for me), but I just finished this book and it would give them an idea of different styles and what's available.

Agree. This is a quick read on different styles and different family situations. Although I had been homeschooling for a few years when I read this I still enjoyed it. It gave a different perspective than many other books for those new to homeschooling.

Cinder