Menu

Calvert Spelling

momofabcd

So you're the reason I couldn't use momtoabcd :001_smile:

Yes, my kid's names do begin with A, B, C and D. How Fun!

My kids always joke about making it to the end of the alphabet.

Their names are Alyssa, Brevik, Caitlin and Daya. What are your kid's names?

BTW I'm still wanting to know the difference between the Calvert spelling Cd's

There's a big difference in content with the CD's . The older version does the same games over and over and over and over , ,I think you get the point . The graphics are a little bit cheesy to say the least and my girls got tired of using them . The new ones are much more updated looking ( more like the video games you see now ) and they use different games , though the same format ( pretest , games , then there is a short level where they type their own story using their spelling words, then the post test ) . But the games are much more fun and engaging then the older version by far .

You have to see what I'm talking about though to know the differences . Just I can say the newer ones are much more enjoyable for kids then the older ones were .

You have to see what I'm talking about though to know the differences . Just I can say the newer ones are much more enjoyable for kids then the older ones were .

TracyR, do you know if the new ones spell the misspelled words out loud? Someone mentioned this as being a big plus on the old versions.

momofabcd, you guys got more creative than we did with kids' names. Aaron and Brianna just happened to be A & B. Then dh wanted a C name for Carly and by the fourth, I agreed that we had to use a D... Davis.

When D was little we had a lot of people joke with us about going to Z. Now we've moved and I don't think most people realize the pattern. It's MUCH better than having siblings with the same initial letter, which has been confusing people about my dh & sibs for years.

Yes, they still say the spelling out loud. You want the new versions, just get 'em. :)

BTW, there's a new, new version, no different in content or graphics from the previous new version (confused yet?), but that is now compatible with the newer computer operating systems. So if you have a new, new computer, buy the new, new cd's directly from calvert. If you have an older computer, you could buy the used versions of the new that pop up around.

TracyR, do you know if the new ones spell the misspelled words out loud? Someone mentioned this as being a big plus on the old versions.

momofabcd, you guys got more creative than we did with kids' names. Aaron and Brianna just happened to be A & B. Then dh wanted a C name for Carly and by the fourth, I agreed that we had to use a D... Davis.

When D was little we had a lot of people joke with us about going to Z. Now we've moved and I don't think most people realize the pattern. It's MUCH better than having siblings with the same initial letter, which has been confusing people about my dh & sibs for years.

Yes, they still say the spelling out loud. You want the new versions, just get 'em. :)

BTW, there's a new, new version, no different in content or graphics from the previous new version (confused yet?), but that is now compatible with the newer computer operating systems. So if you have a new, new computer, buy the new, new cd's directly from calvert. If you have an older computer, you could buy the used versions of the new that pop up around.

LOL Do you have any idea on the years the "previous new" ones were made and when the "new, new" version came out?

The new new are totally new, like if you call them they're JUST out. I called because I had just ordered the next couple for fall to use with the baby coming and I was totally bummed that I might have missed out on an update. Well she said the new new are the same, just have the whatever so the newest computer systems can read them. The content, games, graphics, etc. are the same.

Calvert ships really fast too. Just go to their website, click and order a few. It's so easy and they'll be in your mailbox in a couple days. You're gonna love 'em. Even if your kids just get better at typing as a result, they're great.

Thank you for your responses. I'll get the new ones.

Mom2abcd, We happened to have A and B also and my husband thought we were done with children. 5 years later, God had a different plan, so since our kids are A, B and we are D, E We thought we should name a C and have A, B, C, D, E. But when D came along, we thought all F names were terrible, so we have D.

Thank you for your responses. I'll get the new ones.

Mom2abcd, We happened to have A and B also and my husband thought we were done with children. 5 years later, God had a different plan, so since our kids are A, B and we are D, E We thought we should name a C and have A, B, C, D, E. But when D came along, we thought all F names were terrible, so we have D.

What a fun story! You'd think with kids named so alphabetically, we wouldn't have to discuss spelling, but I guess it doesn't work that way. LOL

What a blessing kids are! :o)