Menu

DITHER- is it worth it??

I am ditching our current reading programs and this program was recommended to me as a replacement? But, I'm really confused as to how exactly it works and if I really need it? It's my understand that there are NO reading lists included? Just prompt questions for the different genres? How exactly would that work? Is this something that would be really helpful or would I be just as good reading books with my children?

Thanks!

There is a list of book suggestions and they sell them as a pack. For another $5 I think, you can get a more comprehensive list for each level. The workbook is generalized to be used for any book of that genre and it simply didn't work for us for that reason. It was just too vague. It's my big regret of the year.:glare:

Ahhh...yes, I can see that. It would seem to be an absolutely perfect program for me if it included a list of books under each genre and study questions for each of the books. That would be great! Otherwise, I don't really see the point?:confused: But, I guess it would be useful for prompting thoughtful discussions, but I don't really think that would be all that helpful for me.