Menu

Is "jumping" from curric. to curric. in elementary a problem (history/science)

I know I've heard people say on here it's best to find a math or grammar program and stick with it. Is the same true for history and science? I find that I like a certain year in My Father's World, but a certain core in Sonlight. I like some of the SOTW books, but not all. Etc., etc. Is jumping in these subjects a problem? I'd like to know any cons to going that route?

I would think that jumping around, from any subject, has its certain drawbacks (and even advantages, given that no curriculum is perfect or most complete).

I think that it is normal for some jumping around, as long as you can "catch" what might fall through 'the cracks' because of the jumping. Buuut that being said, I don't think the sky will fall if you skip around in history or science during the grammar stages. :D

I don't think so. Anything you do is likely more than they learn in a b&m school anyway.

You have a difference here between skill subjects and content subjects.

(of course, I've changed grammar programs a few times and changed math once ;) )