Menu

Do our cycles seem to work?

Okay, so I wrote out a basic schedule because I wanted to see how our cycling will work with my kids' ages.

Current kids will be grades 1st, Kindy and preK in the fall.

So I have us doing Elemental Science's History and Intro to Science this coming year. Then I have us doing the normal four year cycle.

"GRADES" - Cycle Year

pK, K, 1 - Elemental History and Intro to Science

K, 1, 2 - Year 1 grammar stage

1, 2, 3 - Year 2

2, 3, 4 - year 3

3, 4, 5 - year 4

4, 5, 6 - year 1 logic stage

5, 6, 7 - year 2

6, 7, 8 - year 3

7, 8, 9 - year 4

Then I figure we'll do FLL and WWE (then WWS) starting THIS year for Victoria and A.J. so our language arts year would be a year ahead of our history year. C's will, of course, have the exposure of the language arts, but he'll end up with his own cycle for that. Well, and based on what others have said about WWE ramping up, I'll probably have to adjust for A.J. also.

****Phonics/Reading & Math, of course, are individual.

****For Latin, I have Song School Latin for this coming year. I need some research time to figure Latin past that.

****I have the first year of the Harmony Fine Arts program which is an overview then they go on to the 4 year cycle. I might look into that since I'm fine arts challenged myself.

****Pretty extensive spiritual study (Bible account, scripture memory, studying for Christian meetings, Daily Bible Reading)

Still got some researching to do. We add a lot of stuff in now and I don't see that changing. My kids need a good deal of structure and yet we want to "just be kids" plenty also. I think we'll get a good balance throughout the day. It helps, I'm sure, that I already did the first year with a high needs kiddo (a friend's child) so have a feel for how it can be structured yet developmentally appropriate.

Edited by 2J5M9K

Looks like it would work. Until the kids throw a monkey wrench into it... Mine keep doing that. I keep reminding myself that next year I should have 2 able to read some of their own books, then we can discuss them. That will be nice.