Menu

Grimm's Fairy Tails

After every OPGTR lesson, my son and I read one story from Grimm's. (I use the Barnes and Noble Classics Series). Anyway, my son really enjoys them and we love all the memorize-able rhymes, interesting expressions, and gory details.

My question is: Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website or some other resource that can be used as a supplement? We do a little work on our own, but I'd love to know if there are any known resources out there, or your experiences reading this to your child.

Yes I am! Great resource. My son was in a Waldorf preschool, but it wasn't a good fit for us. After reading through all of this tonight, I remember why I loved the preschool originally. It's funny to see how much I'm incorporating already before I even read all of this.

Did you use the Waldorf curriculum?

We had Waldorfy early years, and read the fairy tales. Actually, we still read fairy tales. :001_smile: I never felt the need for extra resources though. Over time, the girls started noticing patterns in the stories so we'd talk about that. We also read several versions of certain tales and compared them. It was never formal though. I guess we basically just enjoyed the stories. :001_smile: The girls have always acted out stories, or incorporated various elements of the stories in their play, but that has nothing to do with me. ;)