Menu

Need birthday gift ideas for my 5yo son

jenL

We are inundated with Legos, so although my son LOVES them, I cannot justify buying more. I'm looking for ideas that are unique, hands-on, or something that has been a big hit at your house (they don't have to be all of these things at once though). He's a typical boy if that helps. :001_smile: He also loves books if you have any great ideas for those.

eta - he's turning 5.

A small but fun idea. Make treasure soap using some of your sons lego pieces or Lego people. It is real easy. Get some clear glycerin soap chunks, I get mine at hobby lobby. Melt in micro. Pour melted soap half way into soap mold (also at craft store), let it sit for 1 minute then place Lego pieces, pour remaining melted soap over Lego pieces. Cool for about an hour then wrap in cellophane.

I just finished making squinkie soap for my niece who has everything.

Hope this helps.

OK, in the book category, this one was a huge hit at Xmas:

The Pop Up Book of Ships

And, yes, Lego replicas have been made from some of them. :)

My ds's birthday is in December, and he also got a big kick out of getting plush Angry Birds (they make the game sounds when squeezed). He and his sister act out Angry Birds scenes in the car with them. :001_huh:

A small but fun idea. Make treasure soap using some of your sons lego pieces or Lego people. It is real easy. Get some clear glycerin soap chunks, I get mine at hobby lobby. Melt in micro. Pour melted soap half way into soap mold (also at craft store), let it sit for 1 minute then place Lego pieces, pour remaining melted soap over Lego pieces. Cool for about an hour then wrap in cellophane.

I just finished making squinkie soap for my niece who has everything.

Hope this helps.

What a great idea! I know I said no more Legos, but new minifigures would be fun, so I could grab a few of those, and put them in the soaps! Thank you!

OK, in the book category, this one was a huge hit at Xmas:

The Pop Up Book of Ships

And, yes, Lego replicas have been made from some of them. :)

My ds's birthday is in December, and he also got a big kick out of getting plush Angry Birds (they make the game sounds when squeezed). He and his sister act out Angry Birds scenes in the car with them. :001_huh:

The ship book looks amazing! Amazon shows more as well! PERFECT for him! Thank you!!!!

As for Angry Birds... the kids love them, but we've had a stuffed animal invasion in this house as well! :tongue_smilie: