Menu

Transcript software - any recommendations?

We're heading into my dd's senior year and college application season. I'm wondering if any of you have recommendations for good transcript software.

I do have Homeschool Tracker, but find their transcript style somewhat informal. I'd probably like to transfer the grades into another software that can provide a very polished transcript. I would prefer that the software be as flexible as possible - with different format options, for example.

Thanks in advance!

Lynn

it's not cheap and you'd have to feed in all the grades for her highschool years in order to get it. You'd probably have to do that with any computer program you get. Edu-Track has 2 transcripts to choose from. They have one listed by years and one listed by courses. The transcript includes the student's name, DOB, SSN, school name, contact information, email address, parents names, school address and phone, school entry date, and graduation date. At the bottom of the transcript is the grading scale. There is also a place to list extra-curriculum activities, awards and volunteer work and at the very bottom is a box for the administrator to sign to "certify that the information in the transcript is complete and accurate" It's very professional looking. The GPA is calculated unweighted. If you want weighted you have to do that yourself. That's the only drawback I see with this program.

it's not cheap and you'd have to feed in all the grades for her highschool years in order to get it. You'd probably have to do that with any computer program you get. Edu-Track has 2 transcripts to choose from. They have one listed by years and one listed by courses. The transcript includes the student's name, DOB, SSN, school name, contact information, email address, parents names, school address and phone, school entry date, and graduation date. At the bottom of the transcript is the grading scale. There is also a place to list extra-curriculum activities, awards and volunteer work and at the very bottom is a box for the administrator to sign to "certify that the information in the transcript is complete and accurate" It's very professional looking. The GPA is calculated unweighted. If you want weighted you have to do that yourself. That's the only drawback I see with this program.

Thank you, Alyce. That does sound like something I would want to check out. :)

Thank you, Laurie - this looks great! Have you had a chance to use it yet? How do you like it?

Lynn

Lynn,

I've just started inputting information for my students. What I like most is the ease of use. This program meets my needs/wants - a program that I could plug in the basic information and easily print out a professional looking transcript.

I also have Homeschool Tracker Plus but found that my method of recordkeeping required playing with the program in order to produce an appropriate transcript. I do, however, love HST+ for keeping track of other info.

HTH!

Laurie