Menu

Meet the Author

I went to a "Meet the Author" event on Saturday night, hosted by our local independent bookstore. The author was Marisa de los Santos, who wrote Love Walked In, Belong to Me, and Falling Together, along with a book of poetry. The event was fun; Marisa was gracious, funny, and personable; the food was delicious. All in all, a lovely adult evening.

But the really funny part happened on my way out the door of my house. As I was saying good-bye to my boys, one asked where I was going (asked and answered 4 times already). "To meet an author," I replied for the 5th time. "Oh," says DS14 confidently, "Susan Wise Bauer." Not a question, a statement. "No, actually, it's a different author," said I, thinking, "I need to get out more." DS9 chimes in, even more confidently, "Well, yeah, that's because you've already met Susan Wise Bauer."

Apparently I have unconciously conditioned my children to believe that either I only read SWB, or SWB has written every book known to man. :lol: