Menu

PSA: Great resource for CHEAP paper

I wish I would have known about this when the kids were younger.

You can get "end rolls" of paper from the newspaper for free, or very cheap. Our local paper gives two rolls free, then charges $1.50 per roll after that. I just picked some up, and there is a LOT of paper on a roll. Looks like this:

Your+Retail+Helper+End+Roll.jpg

Does it matter when/what day, or can you just go any time? I'm totally going to do that!!

Here's the email I got from them:

Thank you for your email. We do sell end rolls at our downtown office. You can pick up 2 for free, after that they are $1.50 each. We do have some on hand right now if you want to stop by between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. If you are wanting them for future it may be a good idea to call 398-8234 to confirm we have some available.

We do that! I got a piece of "all thread" (metal bar), looped some chain around each end and hang it from the rafters in my utility room so the kids can just pull, cut and go! I love it.

What a great idea! I get leftovers like this from our local school supply store, but I never know how to store it or make it usable for my little ones to "self-serve." Thanks!! :)