Menu

Flying out of Tyson-McGee airport in Knoxville.

Are you leaving a car there? The long-term parking is CLOSE so you can easily walk into the terminal from the long-term parking lot. The short-term parking is a little closer and in a parking garage but much more expensive per day. 30-minutes free parking in the short-term lot if someone is dropping you off.

If you walk in on the ground floor, you will see the luggage carrousels. You need to go upstairs to airline check-in, etc. There is only one security screening location for all the gates.

Once you are through security, there are a few eateries (Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks, etc.) There are rocking chairs lined up along the windows and an art display to browse. The entire gate area is fairly small and along one main hallway so there is no worries about getting lost, etc.

Are you traveling with babies? The women's room has a nice rocking chair in the corner for nursing and a stable counter for changing diapers.

Can you tell I've been through there more than a few times? :D Let me know if you have any specific questions. I know that I feel calmer if I know what to expect.

Pegasus