Menu

How quickly does your child move though a level of Teaching textbooks?

BlueTaelon

Seeing another thread got me wondering, we started with TT5 in March (or was it April?) of last year. We have done every lesson and I haven't pushed dd (11, 5th grade) with the exception of insisting she do a lesson on the weekends (she scores 90%+ so is not struggling) in exchange for screen time. Were just starting TT7 and she will be done by Aug (we cut back in summer but still work on a bit of LA and math as she's not one of those kids that can handle time off) and be ready to begin TT Pre-Alg (we will go though HoE before that). Thats 3 levels in about a year and a half. That seems pretty normal to me. I expect her to take 7 months to get though pre-algebra.

How quickly does a child usually go though it? I expect 5-6 months per level at the lower levels which is 1 lesson per day 5 days a week. I only track it because we have to plan out our school funds carefully as we only get them twice a year so I have to know when to expect her to be ready to move on to the next level. So far I have been pretty accurate in when she needs the next level.

I have been wondering this as well. My oldest is just going to go through them at whatever rate she does then we will place her in math at CC or PS (not sure, going to look at pro's vs cons at that time) but my now 4th grader will do TT 3 days a week then Key to Series and money matters for kids 2 days a week. She will start that after finishing TT5 (we JUST started that 2 weeks ago so I am having her do 2 lessons a day until she is through reviewing)

I think we're going to do about 1.5 levels per school year, though I am going to keep doing math with them over the summer. We started TT4 in August and they will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll start them on TT5 as soon as they finish and we'll continue on with that through the summer. We're doing about 4 lessons or so per week.